Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I think it's time for an update here. Somehow, time just passes me by. I look back, and almost a whole month has gone by!

I took Tysen to the foot Doctor today to have his toe checked and to get some X-rays. After taking the stitches out 2 weeks ago, it really started oozing and bleeding if Tysen was running around too much, but the Doc said that was normal and just part of the healing process. It has also started peeling away dead skin, so I call it his Frankenstein Toe (not in front of Tysen, of course!). Everything checked out just fine today, and the Doc said it is healing up really well. There is still a piece of bone from the tip of his toe that has not re-attached yet, but over the next month it will either re-attach on it's own, or not. The toenail is attached at this time, but it will come off again and a new one (hopefully!) will grow in it's place. Tysen is doing great. He is running around and acts like nothing is even wrong... until he trips, or gets bumped or stepped on. Then he goes through the roof. He is still wearing sandals everywhere because it is too hard for him to wear shoes, so unfortunately, that comes with more painful bumps & tripping. I'm so happy that he is doing so well, this has been a really big ordeal for the poor little guy.

So I got a new phone. It was a couple of weeks ago, and I am still learning how to use it. It is another smart phone- the Samsung Galaxy S4. So far, I like it MUCH better than my old one, which for some reason took over a minute to load any pages. A minute may not seem like that long, until it takes over 5 minutes just to get to my email, etc... and, we switched from Verizon to Sprint, which cut my phone bill in half... and gave me unlimited everything (including texts, yaay!!). A wise move, indeed.

Brysen is growing, growing, growing! He seems to be following the pattern of our kids (other than little Madi) who just won't stay little babies for very long. He is 18 lbs now and wearing 6-9 month clothes. He turns 4 months old on Friday. Fortunately, he is very much a snuggly baby and loves to be held, especially facing me against my shoulder. He takes a bottle about 20% of the time, and I am still nursing him the other 80% of the time. That seems to work the best for me, and since I started doing it that way I have not had another bout of mastitis, and very few plugged milk ducts. I use my pump when he doesn't empty me all the way, so that has been a huge help as well. It took me long enough, but I think I finally got my body figured out, and am hoping to be able to nurse Brysen as long as possible. He most certainly prefers nursing! It makes it hard for me to get as intense of a workout in at the gym as I used to be able to do, but at least I am able to go back to my classes again. It's amazing how quickly you lose it when you stop going. Oh, and when you have a baby too. That set me back a bit :)

We are anxiously awaiting Halloween at our house. At least, the kids are. This year we will have a Cheetah, a black kitty, and two little tigers. We decided to be animals from the wild cat kingdom this year.

Happy Halloween!

No comments: