Thursday, August 8, 2013

Smiles & strollers

Brysen gave us his first real smile the other day. I love it when they start interacting more! He definitely still loves to eat and sleep, but he is staying awake for longer periods during the day. He does pretty well at night- in fact, last night he fell asleep just before 10pm, and I had to wake him up at just past 4am to feed him... otherwise, he probably would have had slept through the night for the first time. Honestly, I can't let a baby go that long between nursing- it's too painful for me. But I would be happy if he starts going longer between night time feedings! As long as he doesn't want to eat every hour from about 5pm until 10pm. That's what killed me!
 
In other exciting news, Jim and I have been looking for a new stroller for, oh, about 5 years now. And we finally found one that we love! After using hand-me-down strollers that are all on their last leg now, we are finally ready to get a new one. The trouble is, deciding if we want a single, a double, or a double that also holds an infant carseat on the handlebars (a triple!!). Jim and I were at the Outdoor Retailer show last weekend, and we happened to notice that Thule (who make really awesome bike racks, etc. for your car) is coming out with a new line- strollers! Their strollers convert from a 4-wheeled recreational stroller, to a 3-wheeled jogging stroller, to a 2-wheeled bike trailer. Aspen thinks it would be awesome if it also converted to a 1-wheeler... not sure how that would work, though :)
 
I would post some pictures, but since the line doesn't even come out until October 1st, and since I kinda broke some rules by taking pictures of them at the OR show, I might get into some trouble. I will post some pictures as soon as we are allowed to order our stroller!

Brysen loves to look at everything with eyes WIDE open!
 
There's that wide-eyed look again. So cute!

This was taken 2 weeks later. Look at how much bigger he looks already. He is really filling out and getting chubby! He passed the 10-lb mark over a week ago, by the way.

What a good looking kid!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh, he's chunking out already! I wish we could have come and visited. But seriously, you don't want what we've had. And still have. Ugh, Dallin is on his THIRD round of strep in just over a month!!