Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fun in the water!

This week, we thought it would be fun to cool off at a splash pad. Provo recently installed one at Pioneer Park so we thought we would give it a try. It was a blast! Debbie, Carrie, Elizabeth & Catherine came to splash in the water with us. Brooke, Becca and Nathan even came for a little while- next time we are going to make them get wet too, though! We chose the perfect day to go. It was actually cooler than usual, with a bit of a cloud cover so we weren't dying of the heat (okay, I wasn't dying of the heat for once... the kids actually thought the water was a little cold because it wasn't as hot outside).

This splash pad was really fun because there were little pathways in between the water that you could walk along, so you could be in the middle of it without getting completely soaked- unless you wanted to! The pathways were constantly changing as different water fountains would turn off and on. It might have been a good idea for the kids to have some water shoes on though, because it was a little slippery and all of them slipped and fell at least once. No major damage was done, I am happy to report.

Here are some fun pictures:

 My two "twins"

Sisters!! 

My little water baby 

Carrie, Catherine, and Elizabeth 

Aspen and T had a great time playing with their beach balls in the fountains.

I discovered that taking the kids to a splash pad is SOOO MUCH easier than trying to take them to a pool on my own. We had a ward activity at the Scera Pool in Orem a few weeks ago, and I was on my own with the kids at that one. Fortunately I had quite a few extra hands who were willing to grab a kid for me when I needed them to. Especially Madi- who is so fearless in the water, she will just jump right in, or face plant herself into the water with no second thoughts. Except that she can't get her face back out when she needs to breathe...  so, a splash pad is a much better option for us for now!

No comments: