Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Garden, swings, and other fun stuff

This year Jim fixed my garden box by making it a little bigger and outlining it with railroad ties and some nice boards on top of them. It makes a really nice place to sit or kneel while pulling weeds! I was a little anxious at first when I planted my seeds, because nothing was happening. I guess I just needed to have a little patience. I planted a few days after Mother's Day in May and I am still seeing brand-new little shoots of plants coming up. Patience seems to be a never-ending challenge for me. This applies to other areas in my life besides just gardening!

Here are some pictures of my little garden, and some fun things the kids have been doing:

Tysen started Tball! I need to get a few pictures of him at a game. He loves it and is so excited to play!

Brysen loves the sand box as much as the others!

Enjoying some time on the patio, and with Daddy's phone.
Here are my tomatoes, beans, and some peas.
More peas (on the left), zucchini along the back, and a few little rows of something in the middle, I think more beans and zucchini.
Playing on the swing! This is how you do it when you have only one swing...

 We are having a great summer so far. Of course, it is only Day 3 today so we will see how it goes! We are looking forward to seeing Dave & Kathryn and more of the Dodds Family this Friday night, as well as Kristy & Erika on Saturday morning at Kneaders!

PS- my 20-week Ultrasound is tomorrow... hoping to find that everything is going well (even though this baby is very quiet so far, compared to others I've had) and hoping to know the gender of the baby!!

No comments: